1. Don’t try to read other peoples’ minds and don’t expect others to be able to read yours. Communicate if it is important to you.
2. Don’t expect to be friends with everyone. We all are different – and we all like different things. Instead, invest your time in a few good friends. That’s all you really need to feel happy and fulfilled.
3. Create a budget and live within your means. Accruing debt will only cause you to feel stressed.
4. Get rid of the monster of jealousy, and only compare yourself with yourself.
5. Organize your clutter and get rid of some stuff. It will leave you feeling calmer, and will save a lot of time.
6. Stay on the sidelines and don’t get drawn into pointless dramas in other peoples’ lives (unless it’s a crisis – and you know you ought to help).
7. Finish what you’ve started, and then do something else.
8. Treat every person you meet with respect, and err on the side of being patient and kind.
9. Accept there are things that you can’t change or control, and focus on those things that you can change or control.
10. Don’t be too proud to apologize. Admit that you were wrong, say you’re sorry, and move on.