The following can help your to become a better problem solver:
1. Set aside time to think. Google gives its engineer a thinking day each week. This has been shown to increases their creativity – and also their productivity.
2. Play games. Research indicates that playing competitive games encourages us to come up with creative strategies and solutions. This can be applied to all areas of life.
3. Learn from your mistakes. Sometimes inspiration and genius comes from connecting the dots between your mistakes.
4. Ditch the rules. Often thinking outside the box – and abandoning the normal practices and rules – will free your mind to think of a completely new solution.
5. Give yourself permission to fail. If you’re too scared of failing then you’ll never take a risk. Also, we need to go down some blind alleys on our journey to success.
6. Break with the routine. Change the order that you do things, your environment, or room. That breaks the “same old” thinking patterns, and gives rise to new ideas.
7. Talk to others. We can learn a lot from others as we’re all individuals – with different outlooks, thoughts, perspectives, dreams and life experiences.
One thought on “How to Become a Better Problem Solver”
We should give ourselves permission to fail! That’s my favorite. Thank you for sharing.