1. Not living in the moment. Always wishing you were somewhere else, doing something different with other people.
2. Blaming all your problems on your past. Although the past affects us, it need not define us. We can choose, decide and act – and take control of our lives. Don’t let your past determine who you become.
3. Running away from problems. It’s pointless to bury your head in the sand and pretend that things are fine when you’re dealing with a problem. Face reality, take action, and work to turn things round.
4. Being ungrateful. Being thankful sets you free in your heart and mind. It inspires all that’s good and it oils relationships. But an ungrateful person will wear other poeple down. It destroys your spirit, and it saps your energy.
5. Being angry and bitter. Refusing to forgive and bearing grudges against others will slowly poison our personality. It’s much better to release them and to focus, instead, on living a happy and fulfilling life.
6. Letting your expectations rule your life. Life rarely goes smoothly and according to our plan – and people disappoint us and always let us down. Accepting this is normal takes some tension out of life.
7. Disrespecting yourself and others. Every single person deserves to be respected. And every single person is fighting their own battle. So focus on being kind and encouraging.
8. Neglecting important relationship. A relationship that’s built on unconditional love – where a person accepts us for who and what we are – is truly a gift and is worth fighting for. Don’t take it for granted – recognise that it’s a gift.
9. Loving people who are bad for us. Not every person will build into your life. Be aware of those who’ll use you, or who want to bring you down, or who want to hurt you, or destroy your confidence.
10. Never taking risks. If you always play it safe, you will end up going nowhere. You must be willing to take risks or you will miss so much in life.