1. Stay active – Make sure you build exercise into your life.
2. Stay warm – Wear plenty of clothes, and have hot drinks and meals as feeling cold can make you feel depressed and blue.
3. Go outside – And get all the light you can. The days may be short but you can still grab some fresh air.
4. Eat a healthy diet – As high carbs affect our mood, and a drop in sugar level will cause feelings to slump.
5. Spend time with other people – Don’t isolate yourself … And being with good friends and family can keep your spirits high.
6. Keep busy – Try a new activity or do something you love, as feeling bored and empty will exacerbate the blues.
7. Play your favourite music – The kind that lifts your mood, and blows away the cobwebs, and leaves you feeling good.