Dear Me, Today I want you to know … You are brave. You are strong. You are unbelievably resilient. I know how hard this has been for you. I know the pain you are struggling to bear. I love you. I believe in you. I will always be there for you. With love … ME!To Me, With Love — Don’t Lose Hope
I Promise … — Don’t Lose Hope
“I have taken a vow to love myself, in good times and bad.” Stacie Martin This is one of the most important vows you will ever make in life. Don’t lose sight of it when things are tough. Or when the old tapes start playing in your head. Remember to always love and cherish yourself. […]I Promise … — Don’t Lose Hope
Be Nice to Yourself — Don’t Lose Hope
“Be nice to yourself. It’s hard to be happy when someone is being mean to you all the time.” – Christine Arylo In case this is something that you need to hear today … Remember to be nice, and speak kindly, to yourself. Yes, you’ve made some mistake. Yes, it’s true you aren’t perfect. There […]Be Nice to Yourself — Don’t Lose Hope
Quote of the Day — Don’t Lose Hope
“You can only ever be who you were meant to be. And at some point, that has to be enough.” And it is enough. You are more than enough. Truth.Quote of the Day — Don’t Lose Hope
Signs You’re Being Manipulated
Signs you’re being manipulated include:
1. They twist your words and use them against you.
2. They’re mean – but then they say that you misunderstood them.
3. They make you feel guilty for saying, no.
4. They act coldly towards you if you don’t do what they want.
5. You never feel as if you meet their expectations.
6. You feel as if you’re walking on eggshells all the time.
7. You feel very confused by the relationship.
8. You constantly feel anxious about the relationship.
9. You’re not allowed to have your own views and opinions.
10.They cause you to question your sanity.
Learning to Love Yourself
We tend to focus on looking for love, hoping for love, and waiting for love. Yet if we look to others to meet that basic need then we’ll always be empty and unfulfilled. That is, for others to love us in a healthy way, we must first be able to nurture ourselves … and to love and honour who we truly are. The steps below can help you work towards this goal.
1. Decide to treat others with love and respect: As you seek to bring joy into others’ lives you’ll find that they repay you with kindness and love.
2. Practice random acts of kindness: “Play it forward” by doing random thoughtful things. That will turn you into someone you respect yourself – and you’ll also find that others are more generous to you.
3. Let go of the past: What happened in the past is merely history now. Today is a new day, and you are starting a new page. Let go of disappointments, hurts and any grievances you hold against yourself, other people – or the world.
4. Forgive yourself: We all make mistakes, or we regret some bad decisions. Don’t ridicule, berate or criticise yourself for that. Instead, forgive whatever happened, and give yourself a break. It simply means you’re human – and are not infallible.
5. Practice positive self-talk: Write down and repeat affirming statements and truths -like “I am gifted” – or “I’m a true and loyal friend”. Post these statements on the mirror and repeat them to yourself.
6. Think through what you really want in life: You can carve out your own path and you choose your own destiny. Your life is a gift and you can choose what you will do.
7. Be persistent: Work wholeheartedly at loving yourself. If you’ve suffered in the past then be compassionate. Be ready to acknowledge and work through your pain. You deserve that respect – and it will help to set you free.
8. Celebrate your accomplishments: It’s easy to ignore or to downplay what we have done – but don’t be blind to your successes and accomplishments. They ought to be acknowledged as they’re part of who you are.
9. Think of someone you want to be like and emulate them: Doing that will build those qualities into your life as well – so it is easier to like, love and accept yourself.
10. Be yourself and trust yourself: Be true to yourself – and don’t care what others think. Learn to trust your instincts and to follow your own heart. Also, learn it’s OK to say “no” and to do your own thing – And you don’t have to feel guilty for not pleasing everyone.
11. Don’t compare yourself to others: Every person on the planet is different and unique. We all have different talents and different histories. Discover who YOU are and then invest in being you.
12. Work on receiving love: When someone pays you a compliment or tries to show you love, don’t quickly brush it off – but try and see it as a gift. A a gift that shows you’re valued, and are loved, and loveable.
Who Am I? — Don’t Lose Hope
People will tell you who you are. And sometimes they shout really loudly. So we cover our ears, and we try not to hear. But they keep on shouting – for they need us to hear. They want us to believe that we are flawed, inadequate. That we’re worth much less than others. That we’re […]Who Am I? — Don’t Lose Hope
Things you should do
Things you owe it to yourself to do:
1. Love yourself
2. Like yourself
3. Accept yourself
4. Value yourself
5. Trust yourself
6. Forgive yourself
7. Believe in yourself
9. Respect yourself
10. Take care of yourself.
Trust me on This — Don’t Lose Hope
So much of life is a huge unknown. Where should I live? What career should I follow? What will life look like if I do this or that? Should I have a child? Would I be a bad mom? Should I live on my own? Should I marry this man? Should I stay in this […]Trust me on This — Don’t Lose Hope
Paradise Lost — Don’t Lose Hope
Try this. Picture yourself as happy, carefree child – maybe 6 or 7 years of age. Where are you? What are you doing? Try to identify what you might be thinking and feeling. What makes this child so adorable? What makes your heart fill with love for her? This is the real you. The you […]Paradise Lost — Don’t Lose Hope