“Although time seems to fly, it never travels faster than one day at a time. Each day is a new opportunity to live your life to the fullest. In each waking day, you will find scores of blessings and opportunities for positive change. … Take it all in and make it a great day.“- Steve Maraboli
1. You need to begin by thinking about what you want your life to look like. It’s important to be concrete and specific here – not general and vague. Then, use that information to set clear goals for yourself.
2. Be confident and believe in yourself. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t have what other people have, or should be that individual you’d really like to be. If you’re willing to work hard, and to pay the price required, you can have what you want and find the right niche for you.
3. Keep your focus on your goal – don’t get sidetracked from your dream. You’ll have to keep on going and push through trying times. Remember, the prize is worth the effort; you’ll be glad you persevered.
4. Don’t give into temptation to go for lesser goals, or to do something attractive that won’t lead anywhere. Don’t pretend that you’ll be happy if you give up on your dream. You’ll wish that you’d be stronger and looked at the long-term.
5. If you slip up, just get over it, and move on with your plan. It doesn’t mean it’s over. Get back on track again. The goal is too important to waste time on regrets. Your focus is the future, and what will take you there.
6. Recognise your weaknesses, then plan how you will manage them. That way, you’ll have some strategies to deal with challenges.
7. Finish what you start; don’t give up on success.
When my kids were small, we used to really enjoy making pancakes on Shrove Tuesday. Tossing them, however, was another matter. Often, we would have to scrape them off the frying pan. And occasionally we scraped them off the walls and floor. But most of the time, they made it on to our plates, and […]
You are the one who gets to decide. Yes, we are wounded. We are hurt; we’re betrayed. Awful things happen. The sky does fall down. This isn’t the life we’d expected to have. It’s not what we wanted; it’s not the life we planned. No, we don’t get a say in the cards we are […]
Strategies for people committed to success include:
1. Have one main source of income but, at the same time, keep working on ways of developing additional sources of income. Over time, this will allow you move away from spending all your time on your “regular” job, so you can generate money more passively.
2. Read widely. This doesn’t have to be heavy or serious books. In fact, reading blogs and magazines can generate ideas – and turn you into someone who knows a little about lots of things – so this can make you seem more interesting.
3. Have a few close friends plus a lot of other contacts. That provides you with support – which we all need at times – plus people who can help us, and open doors for us.
4. Have specialist knowledge in a couple of areas, and also know a little about lots of things. This helps you understand the developing trends so you can use your knowledge more effectively.
5. Be willing to experiment. It’s good to know what tends to work for you – but you need to branch out and experiment, too. That will help you avoid boredom or being stuck in a rut.
6. Introduce new experiences into your life as it keeps you adaptable, flexible, open to new thinking, vibrant and alive.