It can be hard to figure out what to with our lives. It can be hard to figure out our dreams and passions. The questions below can help you with this:
1. What did you really love doing as a child? What did you seem to have a natural talent for?
2. What are you willing to do for free because it brings you satisfaction and fulfillment?
3. What sorts of things absorb your attention, and cause you to lose all sense of time?
4. Do you prefer to work with others, or by yourself?
5. Do you prefer order and structure, or do you prefer freedom, and the chance to be spontaneous?
6. What would you do, and where would you work, if someone told you they would finance your dream? Would you build a business? Travel? Spend it on yourself? Invest it in doing something meaningful for others?
7. If you were asked to picture the ideal life, what would it look like? What would be all the different aspects and components?
“She was never quite ready. But she was brave. And the universe listens to brave.” –
1. Try to get in touch with your dreams. What do you fantasize about doing with your life? What kind of future makes you feel alive, and makes you feel excited, inspired and energized?
2. Read blogs, books or stories about other people who are following their heart, or are living out your dream. Try and glean some insights, and some good ideas from them.
3. Talk to people who will stand behind you, and encourage you to hang in, persevere and push ahead.
4. Identify the different things that matter to you – and which may interfere with you desire to keep on going. For example, the opinions of others, fear of ridicule or failure, a need to make to money and be financially secure. Do these matter more, and will they stop you from achieving, especially when obstacles are strewn along your way?
5. Begin to take some steps, and make some changes in your life. While you’re just thinking and dreaming, your life will stay the same. You need to plan and take some action to change reality.
6. Believe in yourself – and keep on reaching for your dreams. What’s worthwhile will take effort, and commitment, on your part.
Are you trying to discover your passion in life? The following questions might help your with this.
1. What puts a smile on your face? Is there a particular event, a particular topic that makes your whole face just lighten up? Whatever it is that makes you smile, and makes you happy whenever you encounter it, this is a sign of something you are passionate about.
2. What do you find easy? Usually, what we find easy for us to do, will be related to what we are passionate about. It’s very hard to hate something that is very easy for us!
3. What sparks your creativity? Think about something in your life where you seem to always expand its horizon, always coming up with new, fun, and exciting ideas relating to that subject. Whatever makes you creative is probably something that you are very passionate about.
4. What would you do for free? Doing what you have a passion for brings out your best, and this leads to greatness. Greatness breezes to success. So think about something that you would just love to do, even if you were not getting paid. Think about something that you look forward to doing, something that you wish you could do all the time.
5. What do you like to talk about? The topics of conversation we have can definitely tell what we are interested in, and this is a good way to find out what we really enjoy in life.
6. What makes you unafraid of failure? When we do what we are passionate about, we have total confidence in our abilities. This makes us not worry about failing, because in our mind, how can we fail when we do what we love?
7. What would you regret not having tried? If you were at the end of your life, what would you regret not having pursued? What would you have liked to do, that you didn’t get a chance to? Think about what that might be. Whatever it is that you may experience regret now or later on for not having tried, this is a good chance to be your true passion.
1. Begin by imagining your dreams have come true. What would your life look like? What would you be doing? How would you be making money? Where would you be living? What would you be doing in your spare time? What sorts of people would you be with?
2. Try reading some inspirational blogs, autobiographies or self help books. Often those help to uncover our passions, and the kind of person we really want to be.
3. Surround yourself with positive and motivated people – those who know what they want and are consciously going after it.
4. Take up a hobby that really interests you. There’s usually a reason that we’re drawn to certain things.
5. Ask other people who know you well, what they think would suit your personality. You’ll often be surprised by the kinds of things you learn.
6. Decide to ‘face your fears and do it anyway’. Don’t live a narrow life because you’re plagued by fear.