If you want to be someone who others think well of:
1. Exhibit integrity – A person is said to have integrity if what they say and what they do are rooted in the same set of core values.
2. Don’t speak badly of others – If you speak badly about others to a friend, the chances are you’ll also speak badly about them. Hence, they are likely to be hesitant in what they share with you.
3. Be an optimist – This doesn’t mean burying your head in the sand. It means choosing not to dwell on the negatives, and actively looking for the positives.
4. Make the effort to be helpful – Life is so much better if you’re thoughtful and kind – and we rarely forget someone who’s caring and warm.
5. Set some goals and have some ambition – This is an extremely contagious quality. Not only will you achieve higher goals for yourself, you’ll give hope to others, and inspire them to try.
6. Seek to be compassionate and understanding – All of us face battles and experience hard times. Empathising with others when life is tough helps to ease their burden and renew their inner spark.
7. Believe in, love, and respect yourself – If you don’t accept, respect and love yourself, then you’ll send out vibes that you’re inadequate. However, it you love, believe in, and treat yourself well then it’s likely that others will treat you that way, too.
8. Persist until you succeed – Although ambition is important, it is not enough. You have to persevere if you’re going to succeed. So when you stumble get up and start again. Then keep on going till you finally succeed. 9
9. Be open minded and willing to learn – If you’re closed in your thinking and set in your ways then you’ll never discover a different, better way .. and you’ll close yourself off to other possibilities.
10. Take responsibility for your life – Blaming others for your problems, or acting like a victim won’t help you to move forwards, and have the life you want. Take control; stay flexible. Success is up to you.