1. Be generous with your smiles.
2. Listen attentively when people talk to you.
3. Be warm and friendly. If you don’t know the people in the group, be the first one to introduce yourself.
4. Pay others compliments (make sure they are genuine – and not fake).
5. Be considerate and polite to both friends and strangers.
6. If you’re going to a party or social event, offer to be the designated driver.
7. Turn up on time (or arrive a few minutes early).
8. Overlook minor mistakes.
9. Never shame or embarrass others.
10. Give people the benefit of the doubt. If uncertain, think the best, not the worst of others.