Happy people value and choose:
1. Love over Fear: People, who are really happy, fear less and love a lot more. They see each moment, each challenge, each person as an opportunity to discover more about themselves and the world around them.
2. Acceptance over Resistance: Happy people understand that you can’t really change a situation by resisting it. When something unpleasant happens to them, they don’t try to fight it. Instead, they ask themselves questions like: What can I learn from this? How can I make this better?
3. Forgiveness over Unforgiveness: Really happy people know that it’s not healthy to hold on to anger. They choose to forgive and forget, understanding that forgiveness is a gift they give themselves.
4. Trust over Mistrust: They trust themselves and they can figure out who is trustworthy – and who they should avoid.
5. Meaning over Ambition: They do the things they do because of the meaning it brings into their lives and because they get a sense of purpose by doing so. They’re not driven by the need to gain approval from others.
6. Challenges over Obstacles: Happy people see problems as challenges, and as opportunities to explore new ways of doing things.
7. Selflessness over Selfishness: Happy people look for ways to give and to share the best of themselves, and to make other people happy if they can.
8. Kindness over Harshness: They are kind to themselves and others and they understand the power of self-love, self-forgiveness and self-acceptance.
9. Gratitude over Ingratitude: No matter where they look, no matter where they are or with who, happy people have the capacity to see beauty where many would only see ugliness – and they’re quick to express their gratitude, as well.
10. Being Present over Being Disengaged: Happy people know how to live in the present moment, appreciating what they have and where they are. 11. Positivity over Negativity: No matter what happens to them, happy people always seem to adopt and maintain a positive, and upbeat, perspective.
12. Taking Responsibility over Blaming: Happy people take full ownership of their lives. They choose to keep their power and take responsibility for everything that happens to them.
Source: http://www.purposefairy.com/4899/15-powerful-things-happy-people-do-differently/ (Abridged)
4 thoughts on “12 Things Happy People Do Differently”
Boy is that quote true!
Yes, so true!!!
Good priorities! I don’t particularly like wearing a face covering, especially with breathing issues, but sometimes I am forced to. For those occasions I wear a mask that says “Faith over Fear” and hope people can see the smile in my eyes. 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m with you on that 100%. Sometimes we do what is in the best interests to others … and hopefully people can still see the smile in our eyes even when we are wearing masks.
LikeLiked by 1 person