Fighting depression can be really hard. Here are some things can sometimes help:
1. Acknowledge how you feel, and accept that this is going to be a more challenging day.
2. Commit to doing the absolute essentials but don’t push yourself to do everything.
3. Prioritize what’s important. For example, if you have a report that has to be submitted, then decide to work on that. However, if it is something that can wait, set it aside for now.
4. Work through your to-do list in small chunks of time – making sure you get plenty of breaks.
5. Tell someone who will understand. We need to get support when we’re feeling low.
6. Be wise in your use of social media. It may be good to deactivate your facebook account, or to switch off your phone to protect yourself from images and comments that leaves you feeling worse.
7. Make sure you leave the house and get a change of scenery.
8. Deliberately invest in some form of self-care – but make sure it is something that you know will help your mood. And remember that tomorrow is another day.
One thought on “How to Stay on Top of Life when you Feel Depressed”